Our Online Community
To #flattenthecurve and comply with city, state, and federal regulations, we will not hold in-person gatherings until it is safe to do so. Here’s where you can keep up with us until then:
You can also find us posting spiritual practices, uplifting quotes, and digital love just about daily on our social media. If you’re not already following us, now is a good time to start!
We love you. We are here for you. Whatever you need, we will make sure you get it. We know it’s frustrating, scary, and depressing to have to cancel in-person events. Right now, we’re worried about making sure you are safe and taken care of.
Please don’t hesitate to email us, DM us, or call us. We will have office hours during the week, and you can always schedule a one-on-one Hangout with us. We are here to listen and to help you get through this time. So if you want to rant or you’re out of food, if you need a listening ear or a webcam, please reach out. We are here to support you.
Love, Rene and Anna
- This fall, we’ll start Bible study off with four weeks of question+able. Every week we’ll ask some questions (submit as many as you’d like here!) and everyone will be invited to offer their perspectives, answers, and additional questions. No topic is off-limits, no question is too big, no definitive answer is guaranteed.
- Fall plans are beginning to take shape. You can read some of our current thinking below, but please be aware that this can and will change in the coming months. We welcome your feedback as we figure out how to continue to be a safe community on a hybrid campus.
- Speaking of feedback, please fill out this survey about worship in the fall by August 17 so Rene, Anna, and Luke can make plans.
Virtual Gatherings - Summer Semester
We use both Google Hangouts Meet and Zoom for our events. You can download the apps or join from a computer. You can also find all of this information on our Google Calendar, including the Hangouts links. (To add our calendar to your account, click the +, then “Subscribe to calendar” and type email@example.com into the box. If you have any trouble, email Anna from the account you use for Google Calendar and she’ll add you manually.)
Our summer semester will run through Saturday, August 8.
- In June we’ll watch movies on Thursdays at 7 p.m. Central (then talk about whether to move to Fridays in July).
- Link for Movie Night
- Watch a movie online together! We’ll either use Zoom (link above) or Netflix Party. Check the Chat GroupMe for polls on what to watch and more details.
- We won’t do a full worship service, but we’ll gather for community prayers Sundays at 6 p.m. Central starting May 31.
- Link for Community Prayers
- Rene and Anna will continue to hold office hours in Discord – check “The Office” to see if we’re online!
- If you would like to meet one-on-one, please don’t hesitate to reach out.
Plans for the Fall Semester
Our plan for the fall is changing as we get new information about COVID and the University’s plans, so this information can and will change. No matter what, we will make sure you can participate virtually as much as possible using Google Hangouts Meet or Zoom. As plans firm up, you will also find all of the information on our Google Calendar.
Our fall semester will begin Sunday, August 23.
The lounge will be open for student use, having been thoroughly cleaned and disinfected this summer. (Thank you, Melissa!!) We will have cleaning supplies and masks available, and we will post guidelines and a cleaning schedule on the bulletin board in the entryway.
We will also stock the kitchen with single-serve meals and ingredients which do not pose a great risk of cross-contamination so that you can continue to have food available, even as our community dinners may have to be on hold.
We currently plan to have seated meditation in-person this fall. The audio will also be sent out via our various communication channels if you prefer not to attend in person.
Book Club will continue in the fall, likely online. Books will be decided via the Discord chat. Check the Book Club page for updates.
We are really hoping to bring back Happy Hour back in the fall! But instead of meeting at Starbucks, we will gather outside with a cooler full of drinks to choose from.
Movie night will continue in the fall. A decision about whether to continue online or move to the lounge will be made later in August.
Though worship has the most questions up in the air, we will definitely have worship on Sundays at 6 p.m. starting August 23. We do not anticipate that we will be able to worship in the chapel for the time being, as the space is too small to safely gather. Please fill out this survey to let us know your preferences!
Rene and Anna will continue to hold office hours both in the physical office and on Discord. If you would like to meet one-on-one, please don’t hesitate to reach out.
We hope to have both virtual and in-person “open house” events at the beginning of the semester. We also plan to have “untabling” events such as Labyrinth in the Wild when the weather is cooperative. Watch this page for more information as events are planned.