Our Online Community
We have shifted during the pandemic to a primarily online community using our Discord server. That’s where you’ll find announcements, memes, prayer requests, photos of our animals, general chat, and lots more. If you’re not up for our Discord, you can also join our email list to get a weekly email with announcements and updates or join our GroupMe.
We love you. We are here for you. Whatever you need, we will make sure you get it. We know it’s frustrating, scary, and depressing to navigate this pandemic. Right now, we’re worried about making sure you are safe and taken care of.
Please don’t hesitate to email us, DM us, or call us. We will have office hours during the week, and you can always schedule a one-on-one Hangout with us. We are here to listen and to help you get through this time. So if you want to rant or you’re out of food, if you need a listening ear or a webcam, please reach out. We are here to support you.
Love, Rene and Anna
- Our next Fun Friday will be Sept. 25 when we’ll gather for an outdoor movie night in the UBC courtyard! The entrance is right next to the University Baptist Church front steps at 2130 Guadalupe. The gate will be open by 7:30 p.m. and the movie will start once it’s dark, around 7:45 p.m. There’s a poll currently in the Discord to decide the movie. Bring your mask and a chair or blanket if you want one – the courtyard is mostly pea gravel with a grassy hill. Need movie snacks or drinks? Stop by the lounge and fill up!
Our plans may have to change as we get new information about COVID and the University’s plans, so this information can and will change. No matter what, we will make sure you can participate virtually as much as possible using Zoom, Discord, or YouTube live. You can also find all of the most up-to-date information on our Google Calendar.
- Sundays at 6 p.m.
- Alternating between in-person outdoors and on Zoom. Masks required when meeting outdoors.
- Check the Worship page for the schedule, Zoom links, and more information.
- Thursdays after meditation
- We’ll be at the turtle pond until 7 p.m. – join us whenever you’re free. Please wear a mask.
- We will gather outside on our giant canvas labyrinth with a cooler full of drinks to choose from. Come celebrate the end of the week with us!
- Thursdays at 5:15 p.m.
- At the turtle pond (weather permitting). Masks required.
- Audio will also be broadcast in “The Lounge” channel on our Discord if you prefer not to attend in person.
Book Club will take place within the text and voice/video chat channels on our Discord server. While the schedule and book are subject to change, you can check the Book Club page for updates.
On Fridays we’ll have something fun for you! It might be a care package drop in the lounge, a virtual game night, an in-person social event, or a free grab-and-go meal in the lounge. Masks required in the lounge and at in-person events.
The lounge is open for student use, having been thoroughly cleaned and disinfected this summer. (Thank you, Melissa!!) We have cleaning supplies and masks available, and rules are posted on the bulletin board in the entryway. Masks required while in the lounge.
We will also stock the kitchen with single-serve meals, snacks, and groceries all semester so that you can continue to have food available, even as our community dinners may have to be on hold. Please do not eat in the lounge. You are welcome to take our dishes outside to eat or take food home with you.
Rene and Anna will continue to hold office hours both in the physical office adjacent to the lounge, on Zoom (by appointment) and in “The Office” voice/video channel on Discord. If you would like to meet one-on-one with a minister, please don’t hesitate to reach out.